SANTA ROSA QUALIFICATIONS
Before a Santa Rosa County Business Tax Receipt can be obtained, a business must meet all conditions required by city, county, state or federal agency regulations which apply to that business or occupation. Many businesses will be subject to zoning codes.
ALL BUSINESSES ARE SUBJECT TO WORKERS' COMPENSATION LAWS. Please visit: http://myfloridacfo.com/division/wc/ for more details.
In Santa Rosa County, a business located within a city limit requires both a municipal license and a county license to operate. If the nature of a business takes employees inside a city limit to conduct business even though the business establishment is in the county, it may be necessary to obtain a city license also.
The following checklist provides basic information on requirements that may be needed to start a business in Santa Rosa County. No attempt has been made to provide a complete list of regulatory requirements.
1. If you are starting a business operated out of your home, check with the County Zoning department. You may not be allowed to have a business in an area that is zoned residential.
6051 Old Bagdad Hwy Suite 201
Milton, FL 32583
2. Florida Department of Transportation: A permit may be required when there is a significant change in property use. Phone: 850-415-9208
3. City License: If you are anticipating doing business within the city limits of Jay, Milton, or Gulf Breeze, check with each city hall to see if they may require you to have a city license in addition to a Santa Rosa County business tax receipt.
-City of Milton: 850-983-5400
-City of Jay: 8580-675-4556
-City of Gulf Breeze: 850-934-5100
4. Department of Revenue: If your business involves selling anything, you may be required to collect sales tax.
3670 North "L" Street, Building C
Pensacola, FL 32505 Phone: 850-595-5170
5. Internal Revenue Service: You may be required to obtain a Federal ID number.
7180 9th Ave. Worth
Pensacola, FL 32504 Phone: 850-435-8648
6. Property Appraiser: A personal property tax return form may be required to be filed for your business.
6495 Caroline St
Milton, FL 32570 Phone: 850-983-1880
7. Santa Rosa County Building Inspector: For information on construction permits, competency testing, contractors, etc.
6051 Old Bagdad Hwy, Room 202
Milton, FL 32583 Phone: 850-981-7000
8. Fictitious Name: If you are using any name for your business other than your legal name, you are required to file a fictitious name with the state. The application and the renewal forms are available on our online forms page.
Fictitious Name Registration Website
PO Box 1300
Tallahassee, FL 32302-1300
9. Certain businesses require inspection before a business tax receipt can be issued in Santa Rosa County.
The following businesses are inspected by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Hotels and Restaurants, Panama City Beach District #6. Phone: 850-487-1395.
-Mobile Food Units
The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services inspects the following: Phone: 800-488-0800.
-Food Processing Plants
Below are the telephone numbers of several agencies that you may need to contact for information:
Department of Tobacco, Alcohol and Firearms: 850-494-5970.
Construction Industry Licensing Board: 850-487-1395
Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services (HRS): 850-488-6811
Santa Rosa County Environmental Health Unit: 850-983-5275
Better Business Bureau (Pensacola): 850-429-0002
Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
© 2015 Santa Rosa County Tax Collector